Article: Manufacturers in the Food & Beverage Industry: how can you cope with your fast-moving environment?
Digitalisation, regulations, new consumer behaviours, complex supply chains, fierce competition… In today’s uncertain and fast-moving environment, food and beverage companies have to innovate faster than ever to simply exist.
In order to stay competitive on this global market, and keep consumers loyal to their brands, manufacturers need to innovate continuously and develop new products, new applications and new markets.
Consumers are becoming more health and environmentally conscious, and require products to be healthy, safe and sustainable. They expect a greater choice of products delivered in greater array of pack types and sizes.
They want premium quality products and expect low prices for standard product lines. Moreover, customers demand more and more transparency to assure them about the quality and the authenticity of the product, as well as to be able to select a more sustainable supplier over another one.
On top of that, the industry is becoming increasingly regulated, which has once again an effect on product development and the supply chain.
These challenges confront the industry with following requirements:
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Multiphysics simulation software in food and beverage
- Whitepaper: Creating a sustainable food system
- Video: Coopers Brewery optimise laboratory operations
- Article: Manufacturers in the Food & Beverage Industry: how can you cope with your fast-moving environment?
- Application Note: How to cope in a fast-moving environment