Application Note: Determination of thirteen beta agonists in pork using ultra high-performance liquid chromatography – Tandem Mass Spectrometry
PerkinElmer evaluate the administration of beta-agonists as growth-promoting agents in food-producing animals.
Beta-adrenergic receptor agonists (β- agonists) are synthetic drugs manufactured for use in humans and livestock. β- agonists are used in human medicine for the treatment of conditions such as asthma. When utilized during an asthma attack, the medication aids in the opening of airways by relaxing the muscles around the airways, thus relieving the symptoms of dyspnea.1 In animals, β- agonists have been used in livestock production to enhance body composition and significantly promote growth by altering metabolic pathways and accelerating protein production in skeletal muscle.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Brief: Solus One Salmonella for Raw Poultry and Meat
- Guide: Solus One Salmonella methodology – Seven easy steps
- Featured Partnership: Challenges in meat pathogen detection – improving your food safety plan
- Poster and Podcast: Rapid recovery and detection of pathogenic Gram-negative organisms
- Application note: Solus One E. coli O157