PerkinElmer’s QSight LC/MS/MS improves food safety in China
China’s Xinjiang province has long served as the gateway between East and West. It is home to the legendary Silk Road, traversed by countless travelers over the ages in search of contacts beyond the expansive and rugged province that is nearly the size Alaska…
As China’s largest producer of agricultural products and fruits, including prized Korla pears and Akesu apples, Xinjiang holds both great promise and challenges for the future. Provincial authorities want to expand Xinjiang’s agricultural export industry, but they realize they also must contend with its expansive size, remoteness, and the need to ensure the safety of Xinjiang’s agricultural products in order to compete in the global marketplace.
Enter PerkinElmer. As one of the only diagnostics, discovery, and analytical solutions companies with offices and personnel based in the city of Urumchi, Xinjiang, the company is working with provincial food and drug authorities to strengthen the province’s food safety detection capabilities.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Application Brief: Solus One Salmonella for Raw Poultry and Meat
- Guide: Solus One Salmonella methodology – Seven easy steps
- Featured Partnership: Challenges in meat pathogen detection – improving your food safety plan
- Poster and Podcast: Rapid recovery and detection of pathogenic Gram-negative organisms
- Application note: Solus One E. coli O157