Issue #6 2015 – Digital edition
Posted: 9 December 2015 | | 2 comments
In this issue: Allergens, Confectionery supplement, Food Fraud, Mass Spectrometry, Microbiology, Dairy Supplement, Food Contamination roundtable, Shelf Life, Energy Efficiency, Application Notes…
In the digital version of Issue #6 2015:
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT
An interview with Doug Baldwin, Vice President of Food and Industrial Products at Wenger Manufacturing Inc.
- ALLERGENS: Food Allergy – assessing the risk to consumers – an update
René Crevel, Unilever Safety & Environmental Assurance Centre
- CONFECTIONERY SUPPLEMENT
Frédéric Robin from Nestle and his team look at nutritional trends of cocoa beverages; Stephanie Anthony, Editor of New Food looks at sugar reduction across the confectionery industry, and we have a show preview of ProSweets Cologne 2016
- FOOD FRAUD: Honey, what else?
Stephan Schwarzinger, Felix Brauer, Paul Rösch, Research Center for Bio-Macromolecules, University Bayreuth, ALNuMed GmbH, and Bernd Kämpf, FoodQS GmbH, Markt Erlbach
- MASS SPECTROMETRY: PTR-MS applications in food
Alex Webbe, Laboratory Manager, and Donna Byrom, Technical Specialist, Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL)
- MICROBIOLOGY: Listeria monocytogenes – Developments in epidemiology and laboratory testing by MALDI-TOF
Matteo Capocefalo, Laboratory Manager, and K. Clive Thompson, Chief Scientist, ALcontrol Laboratories, UK and J. Andrew Hudson, Head Microbiologist, Fera Science Limited, UK
- DAIRY SUPPLEMENT
With articles from Dr. Christoph Glasner, Senior Scientist at the Fraunhofer Institute for Environmental, Safety and Energy Technology, UMSICHT, on the SUSMILK project; Camilla Jørgensen from TINE SA takes us through the production and application of native whey proteins; and we have a Real World Study on sterilisation of UHT milk.
- ROUNDTABLE: Detection of residues and contaminants in food products and the development of novel approaches
- SHELF LIFE: Manufacturer’s challenge – shelf life determination
Carol Zweep, Manager of Packaging, Food and Label Compliance, NSF-GFTC
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: The ENERGY STAR difference
Kirsten Hesla, Commercial Food Service Programme Manager, EPA’s ENERGY STAR Programme
- APPLICATION NOTES