Application Note: Multi-residue Analytical Method for the Confirmation and Quantification of 500+ Pesticides in Fruit and Vegetables
Pesticides are a group of compounds containing hundreds of listed substances, most of which are regulated by governmental agencies.
Their function is to prevent, destroy, or control harmful organisms or diseases, as well as protect plants or plant products during production, storage and transport. Pesticides are primarily utilized in the agricultural sector, and contain one or more active substances. From the point of application, pesticides can be transported through various media, and ultimately be deposited on plants and animals humans consume. While some of these compounds have not been found to be harmful, others may have toxic properties to humans and animals, as well as pose a danger to our environment and ecosystems.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Brief: Solus One Salmonella for Raw Poultry and Meat
- Guide: Solus One Salmonella methodology – Seven easy steps
- Featured Partnership: Challenges in meat pathogen detection – improving your food safety plan
- Poster and Podcast: Rapid recovery and detection of pathogenic Gram-negative organisms
- Application note: Solus One E. coli O157