The World Mycotoxin Forum – 10th conference
Date: 12 March 2018 - 14 March 2018
Beurs van Berlage
Email: [email protected]
The mycotoxin contamination of various crops and derived products is a global concern because it has significant implications for food and feed safety, food security, and international trade. Despite a lot of research and available interventions, mycotoxin prevention and control remain a challenge for agriculture, and for food and feed industries. Several pre- and post-harvest measures can be taken in tackling mycotoxin exposure, however, they are not fully adequate to eliminate mycotoxins from the food and feed supply chain. In addition, climate change is increasingly affecting the occurrence of mycotoxins worldwide.
Can we ever have a mycotoxin-free supply chain? The 10th conference of The World Mycotoxin Forum aims to contribute to this ultimate goal by taking mycotoxin control to the next level. The conference will offer an excellent way to network, share ideas, and formulate recommendations and conclusions on how to close knowledge gaps.
The main topics of the conference are:
- What are the future challenges to the stakeholders in the food and feed supply chain?
- What are the main challenges in providing reliable data for supporting the risk assessment of mycotoxins?
- Can holistic approaches to mycotoxin analysis and reduction help take mycotoxin control to the next level?
- What strategies, starting in the field, and continuing to storage, physical removal, processing and detoxification, can help manage the impact of mycotoxins?
- What are the future expectations of integrated solutions to reduce mycotoxins?
- Can incentive mechanisms, computational tools, and state-of-the-art biotechnological approaches take mycotoxin control to the next level?
High-quality speakers, ample time for discussions, and every opportunity to establish rewarding contacts are values The World Mycotoxin Forum wants to uphold. The General Conference Chairs – Prof. Dr. Rudolf Krska and Hans van Egmond, M.Sc. – and the members of the Advisory Committee are looking forward to meeting you in Amsterdam!