Whitepaper: APRIL™ Robotics Weighing Station
Using proven robotic equipment, OAL has designed and developed the first generation of robotic food manufacturing preparation systems…
Rising labour costs and health and safety have made the manual handling and weighing of 25kg1 bags of ingredients uneconomical. Whilst we can automate high usage ingredients with big bag and silo systems, an estimated 62% by labour cost are handled manually.
Rising labour costs has been a continual source of concern for food manufacturers globally. In the UK, the introduction of the living wage and concerns over the availability of labour following Brexit have further exacerbated the problem.
Manual repetitive tasks such as weighing are highly susceptible to human error. Traceability is often paper based with inherent limitations on ensuring quality.
Related content from this organisation
- Discover the latest in artificial intelligence technology with OAL
- Whitepaper: Steam Infusion Buyers’ Guide
- Whitepaper: How to Start Your Continuous Improvement Journey
- Whitepaper: APRIL™ Robotics Weighing Station
- Whitepaper: Cutting fat and doubling cooking capacity in dairy based sauces with Steam Infusion