Guidebook: The five essentials of fat extraction
How to perform fat extraction in food samples – theory, applications, method comparison, real-life experiments, troubleshooting tips and more.
“The five essentials of fat extraction” offers insights into the standard reference method that is used for quality control and labelling purposes in the food industry.
The booklet focuses on five major considerations:
- The role of hydrolysis in total fat determination
- Advantages and disadvantages of Soxhlet, continuous and hot extraction
- An interactive decision tree for selecting the right fat extraction equipment
- Troubleshooting tips for common fat extraction challenges
- Experimental set-up and results from total fat determination in dairy products
Plus, learn about what factors influence the recovery rate and speed of the extraction process. Discover an optimal approach for endpoint determination. And see how fat extraction parameters compare to those of the NIR technique.