Application note: Nitrofurans in Shrimp
ELISA assays are widely used for the detection of nitrofuran metabolites for regluatory conformance because of their high sensitivity, selectivity, and ease-of-use.
ELISA assays are widely used for the detection of nitrofuran metabolites and chloramphenicol for regulatory conformance owing to the high sensitivity, selectivity and ease of use of the method. In the following study, we demonstrate the accuracy and precision (CCß validation study) of the simultaneous 5-in-1 sample extraction method by manual ELISA and DS2 automation methods. Sensitivity of the assay kits (LOD) was also demonstrated using manual and DS2 method. Finally, sample variability testing was performed to characterise the effects of matrix from various shrimp sources.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Brief: Solus One Salmonella for Raw Poultry and Meat
- Guide: Solus One Salmonella methodology – Seven easy steps
- Featured Partnership: Challenges in meat pathogen detection – improving your food safety plan
- Poster and Podcast: Rapid recovery and detection of pathogenic Gram-negative organisms
- Application note: Solus One E. coli O157