Application note: Determination of aflatoxins in pistachio
In this application note, a simple, robust and highly sensitive method for the analysis of aflatoxins in pistachio samples is described.
Cultivation and storage of nuts like pistachios may contribute to the spread of molds, which produce mycotoxins – toxic secondary metabolites. Their consumption can lead to serious health damage. To ensure consumer safety it is inevitable to provide a simple, robust, and exact method for the analysis of mycotoxins in food, especially the most often occurring aflatoxins. In this application the sample extraction for pistachios as preparation for a highly sensitive HPLC method is described.
Related content from this organisation
- Brewing & Beverages In-Depth Focus – October 2020
- Food Safety – In-Depth Focus – February 2020
- Application note: How to differ between natural and artificial vanilla with (U)HPLC
- Application note: Be(e) wary – determination of neonicotinoids in honey
- Application note: Determination of aflatoxins in pistachio