Application note: How to differ between natural and artificial vanilla with (U)HPLC
Vanillin is one of the most popular flavouring used in food and beverages. In this application the components of different vanilla products were analysed.
With a high demand for the supply of vanilla pods and the continuous increase in price, artificial vanilla flavouring agents of synthetic origin are nowadays highly requested.
With this application, the components of different vanilla products can be analysed. This is useful i.a. for the first screening concerning the authenticity.
Related content from this organisation
- Brewing & Beverages In-Depth Focus – October 2020
- Food Safety – In-Depth Focus – February 2020
- Application note: How to differ between natural and artificial vanilla with (U)HPLC
- Application note: Be(e) wary – determination of neonicotinoids in honey
- Application note: Determination of aflatoxins in pistachio