Application note: Determination of Nitrogen/Protein in Flour
Application note on using LECO’s FP828 combustion nitrogen/protein determinator to determine protein and nitrogen content in flour.
When working with flour, protein content typically determines the best use for flour. Accurate and precise protein determination is important for both the characterization of nutritional and dietary value of the flour and also the category or quality of the flour.
LECO’s FP828 is a combustion nitrogen/protein determinator that can analyze a flour sample in 2.8 minutes with no reagents in the primary or secondary furnace. Read the app note to see how it handles various types of flour.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Note: LECO BT4D GCxGC comprehensive evaluation of scotch whisky
- Whitepaper: Fast LECO GC-TOFMS and hydrogen carrier gas
- Whitepaper: Kjeldahl vs. Dumas – small overview and comparison
- Application note: Trust your results in mineral oil analysis
- Video: Understanding Food Off-Flavors and Malodors