Episode Twelve: Should we ‘eat local’ more often?
The pandemic has placed immense pressure on local businesses. In their latest podcast, the New Food team discuss the argument for and against shopping local.
Did you know that 38% of Brits have shopped locally to some degree for food and drink, due to the lockdown restrictions? Eventually the pandemic will end, but will old habits return?
Bethan Grylls and Joshua Minchin from the New Food team discuss the argument for and against shopping local. Guests include four local UK producers who explain the impacts COVID-19 has had on their businesses and why they believe buying food and drink local is important for the British economy.
- How has the Covid pandemic affected you?
- Have you see a growth in demand for local producers?
- Why would you say it’s important to shop local?
- Apart from helping local producers/brands, what is the benefit of buying local?
- Do you believe local businesses are receiving enough support?
So what are your thoughts? Should we be supporting local more? Comment below!