Overcoming the complexities of cannabis analysis
Carl Carnagey, founder and CEO of Juniper Analytics, is the first to admit he totally underestimated what it would take for his startup to earn accreditation as an official cannabis testing lab in Oregon back in 2015. The experience, he says, has been daunting…
“The cannabis industry is evolving at an incredible rate,” says Carnagey, who holds a BA in business administration from Oregon State University. “I’m sure I’m not the only one who leaves work on a Friday night, only to come back to a world of changes on Monday morning.” No doubt his colleagues at Juniper, who mostly hold advanced degrees in the sciences, have helped Carnagey and the company navigate through some steep learning curves.
“With every update to the rules, I spend hours digesting them,” Carnagey says. “More often than not, I end up penning a lengthy email to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC), and Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) asking for clarification. It feels like I am following the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland to a mystical land of regulations, rules, and laws – seeking out the truth behind pesticide regulation.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Application Brief: Solus One Salmonella for Raw Poultry and Meat
- Guide: Solus One Salmonella methodology – Seven easy steps
- Featured Partnership: Challenges in meat pathogen detection – improving your food safety plan
- Poster and Podcast: Rapid recovery and detection of pathogenic Gram-negative organisms
- Application note: Solus One E. coli O157