Country Profile: United Kingdom
In this Country Profile we consider the implications of automation for food safety and we take a look at both the growing wine industry and strong independent craft beer trend in the UK.
- Labour and the role of automation in food safety
The UK food industry has always relied more on manual labour than our European competitors. Now the UK has to start taking automation seriously if it is to compete effectively in world markets. Rob Chester, Managing Director of Food for NSF International in the UK, considers the implications for food safety.
- Discovering the wines of Great Britain
In the competitive world of wine, the UK ranks as one of the smallest regions, but arguably it is one of the most exciting, attracting not only plenty of attention over here but also making its mark internationally. The future is looking bright for British wines, says Julia Trustram Eve, Marketing Director for Wines of Great Britain.
- Independent craft beer: the UK’s biggest drinks trend
Neil Walker, PR and Marketing Manager for the Society of Independent Brewers, explains the healthy state of the UK craft beer market.
This UK Country Profile is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!