Determination of 208 pesticide residues and their metabolites in foods using Oasis PRiME HLB and Xevo TQ-GC
Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) has been a common analytical method for pesticide measurement due to its high efficiency of separation, along with its qualitative and quantitative performance.
As a milestone of pesticides analysis, Lehotay1 and Nguyen, et al.2 established a sample preparation method based on QuEChERS technology in 2015 for the simultaneous detection of multiple pesticide residues in vegetables and other foods using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS. In recent years GC-MS/MS analysis has become the preferred method for pesticides analysis due to its advantages in selectivity, sensitivity, high throughput, and accurate quantitative performance.3
Recently, the first Chinese National Standard Method (GB 23200.113-2018)4 for multiple pesticide residues using GC-MS/MS was released. For the first time in GB methodology, two efficient technologies have been adopted: QuEChERS for sample extraction, and GC-MS/MS for detection.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Application Notes – December 2018
- Determination of 208 pesticide residues and their metabolites in foods using Oasis PRiME HLB and Xevo TQ-GC
- Waters Corporation to invest $215 million in Precision Chemistry Manufacturing in Massachusetts
- Waters DART QDa system with LiveID Software instantly assesses food quality and authenticity
- Waters Technologies for food safety, food authenticity and biomedical research at ASMS 2018