Poster: Real-time authentication of food and beverages using DARTQDa LiveID analysis
Currently there is no globally harmonised definition for “food fraud”, however, there are initiatives coordinating action against fraudulent practices in the food supply chain…
Food and beverages of higher commercial value are frequently subject to fraud. Analytical methods are required for process control, quality assurance and formulation. Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART) is an ambient ionisation technique requiring minimal sample preparation and no chromatography.
DART has been coupled to a single quadrupole mass spectrometer (QDa) to produce spectral profile data for fingerprinting using chemometric model building software (LiveID 1.2). Here we investigate the potential for the of DART QDa LiveID as solution for the rapid screening of high value food and beverage samples with minimal sample preparation. Chemometric models for product verification have been generated using authentic reference samples of premium whisky (brand 1, brand 2 and adulterated), palm oils (including crude, sustainably produced crude and refined originating from different geographical locations) and ground cinnamon and cassia.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Featured Article: Contaminants
- Application Notes – December 2018
- Determination of 208 pesticide residues and their metabolites in foods using Oasis PRiME HLB and Xevo TQ-GC
- Waters Corporation to invest $215 million in Precision Chemistry Manufacturing in Massachusetts
- Waters DART QDa system with LiveID Software instantly assesses food quality and authenticity