Whitepaper: Protecting your brand reputation with automation by eliminating label and packaging errors
In this whitepaper, OAL explains how manufacturers can protect their brands by discussing the top five reasons for label and packaging errors, how automation can prevent label and packaging errors and ideas on the future development path of automation systems in food manufacturing…
Protect your brand from product recalls and errors: Product recalls can have a catastrophic impact on a food manufacturer’s brand and business and costs the industry £millions a year. In 2015, 277 product recalls in the UK were related to labelling and packaging errors. These errors could have been detected and resolved at an earlier stage within the manufacturing process before the incorrectly packaged and labelled products entered distribution. Not only would the manufacturer then have avoided a substantial fine, but they would also have avoided the significant damage to their brand reputation.
Labelling and packaging errors can cause cross contamination, premature spoiling, consumer illness and fatalities, especially if the error lies within the allergen information. By preventing packaging errors, manufacturers can ensure a positive brand reputation, supply chain relationships and risk-free distribution, retailing and consumption of products within the food industry.
The rest of this whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: How to reduce energy during the wort boiling stage of brewing with Steam Infusion
- Simple Connected Automation for Food Manufacturing
- Transform your Food Manufacturing with APRIL Robotics
- Clean Steam Infusion. Cook Fast and Fresh.
- Project to bring robotics and automation into raw materials handling