Application note: Use of an Antibiotic-free Enrichment Medium for detection of salmonella in cheese samples using the Thermo Scientific SureTect Salmonella Species PCR Assay
This application note explores the use of the Thermo Scientific SureTect Salmonella Species PCR Assay for detection of salmonella in cheese samples.
NF VALIDATION™ certification by AFNOR certification has been granted for the Thermo Scientific™ SureTect™ Salmonella species PCR Kit for the detection and differentiation of Salmonella species from food, feed and environmental samples. The PCR assay workflow is conducted using either the Applied Biosystems™ 7500 Fast Food Safety Real-Time PCR System (Applied Biosystems™ 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR Instrument and Applied Biosystems™ RapidFinder Express Software v2.0 of higher) or the Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 5 Food Safety Real-Time PCR System (Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio 5 Food Safety Real-Time PCR Instrument and Thermo Scientific™ RapidFinder™ Analysis Software v1.0 or higher), shown in Figure 2.
Related content from this organisation
- Webinar: Extrusion of Plant-based Meat
- Application Note: Automated DNA Extraction for the Thermo Scientific NGS Food Authenticity Workflow
- Application Note: Analysis of underivatized amino acids in wines by solid phase extraction and HILIC-MS
- Application Note: Using Type 1 Water (18.2 MΩ-cm) for High Performance Liquid Chromatography in the Food and Beverage Industry
- Application Note: Small scale extrusion solution for meat analogues