Application note: Use of an Antibiotic-free Enrichment Medium for detection of salmonella in cheese samples using the Thermo Scientific SureTect Salmonella Species PCR Assay
This application note explores the use of the Thermo Scientific SureTect Salmonella Species PCR Assay for detection of salmonella in cheese samples.
NF VALIDATION™ certification by AFNOR certification has been granted for the Thermo Scientific™ SureTect™ Salmonella species PCR Kit for the detection and differentiation of Salmonella species from food, feed and environmental samples. The PCR assay workflow is conducted using either the Applied Biosystems™ 7500 Fast Food Safety Real-Time PCR System (Applied Biosystems™ 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR Instrument and Applied Biosystems™ RapidFinder Express Software v2.0 of higher) or the Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 5 Food Safety Real-Time PCR System (Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio 5 Food Safety Real-Time PCR Instrument and Thermo Scientific™ RapidFinder™ Analysis Software v1.0 or higher), shown in Figure 2.
Related content from this organisation
- Webinar: Learn how to overcome titration challenges
- Smart Notes: Heratherm Refrigerated Incubators
- Application note: A protocol for the use of Nalgene Analytical Filter Funnels and Cellulose Nitrate Membranes in recovery of microorganisms during environmental and/or quality testing
- Application note: Free and Total Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) in wine (Ripper method) by automatic titration
- Smart Notes: How can you optimise pH measurements for improved laboratory efficiency?