Application Note: Five Steps to Maximize Metal Detector Performance
Most food processors require a metal detector to comply with food safety standards and ensure complete product safety and quality. Although your metal detector may be ‘ticking all of the boxes’, if it’s not working to the optimum sensitivity specification, then metal contamination could be passing through your production line, undetected.
This application note provides 5 steps to maximize the performance of your metal detector. It explains the concept of metal detector sensitivity, key factors that affect it, and why a small difference in spherical sensitivity performance can mean a big difference in the length of wires or other irregular-shaped contaminants that can be detected.
Related content from this organisation
- Need to Save Lab Space? Discover a Compact Balance that Lets You Do More with Less: The ML-T.
- Expect Simply More: Get the METTLER TOLEDO MS-TS Balance and EasyDirect Data-Management Software for Free
- Application Notes – June 2019
- Application Note: Five Steps to Maximize Metal Detector Performance
- Mettler-Toledo presents the latest meat inspection solutions at IFFA 2019