Application Note: Five Steps to Maximize Metal Detector Performance
Most food processors require a metal detector to comply with food safety standards and ensure complete product safety and quality. Although your metal detector may be ‘ticking all of the boxes’, if it’s not working to the optimum sensitivity specification, then metal contamination could be passing through your production line, undetected.
This application note provides 5 steps to maximize the performance of your metal detector. It explains the concept of metal detector sensitivity, key factors that affect it, and why a small difference in spherical sensitivity performance can mean a big difference in the length of wires or other irregular-shaped contaminants that can be detected.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Notes – June 2019
- Application Note: Five Steps to Maximize Metal Detector Performance
- Mettler-Toledo presents the latest meat inspection solutions at IFFA 2019
- Quality in Food Manufacturing Tips for Rapid Moisture Analysis
- Food Safety Masterclass – 6 Steps to Preventing Physical Contamination