Study report: Thermo Scientific SureTect E. coli O157:H7 PCR Assay Method Extension For Use With the Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 5 RealTime PCR Instrument AOAC-RI PTM Validation: Method Comparison Study
The data presented in this report show that the SureTect E. coli O157:H7 PCR Assay is suitable for the detection of E. coli O157:H7 from a variety of food samples when using the QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR Instrument and associated RapidFinder Analysis Software.
The performance of the candidate method was assessed as an unpaired study in comparison to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) Microbiology Laboratory Guidebook (MLG) 5.09 ‘Detection, Isolation and Identification of Escherichia coli O157:H7 from Meat Products and Carcass and Environmental Sponges’ reference method for raw beef (1:4 and 1:5 enrichments).
Related content from this organisation
- Webinar: Extrusion of Plant-based Meat
- Application Note: Automated DNA Extraction for the Thermo Scientific NGS Food Authenticity Workflow
- Application Note: Analysis of underivatized amino acids in wines by solid phase extraction and HILIC-MS
- Application Note: Using Type 1 Water (18.2 MΩ-cm) for High Performance Liquid Chromatography in the Food and Beverage Industry
- Application Note Supplement – July 2021