Study report: Thermo Scientific SureTect Salmonella Species PCR Assay Method Extension For Use With the Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR Instrument AOAC-RI PTM Validation: Method ComparisonStudy
The data presented in this report show that the SureTect Salmonella species PCR Assay is suitable for the detection of Salmonella species from a variety of food and environmental surface samples when using the QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR Instrument and associated RapidFinder Analysis Software.
All samples were added to a homogeniser bag with the appropriate ratio of Buffered Peptone Water (BPW) ISO formulation (as detailed in Table 1) at room temperature. The samples were homogenised thoroughly before incubation.
For the plastic surface samples, sterile sampling sponges/ swabs were pre-moistened in a suitable diluent. For sampling of areas that had been cleaned or treated with disinfectants, the sponge/swab was pre-moistened with a neutralising broth, such as Dey-Engley Broth, prior to sampling. The surface was sampled by rubbing the sponge/swab in horizontal and vertical directions across the entire sampling area (4×4” area for sponges and 1×1” area for swabs).
Related content from this organisation
- Webinar: Learn how to overcome titration challenges
- Smart Notes: Heratherm Refrigerated Incubators
- Application note: A protocol for the use of Nalgene Analytical Filter Funnels and Cellulose Nitrate Membranes in recovery of microorganisms during environmental and/or quality testing
- Application note: Free and Total Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) in wine (Ripper method) by automatic titration
- Smart Notes: How can you optimise pH measurements for improved laboratory efficiency?