In the pressure cooker: how operational data is changing the food & beverage industry
Food and beverage manufacturers have it tough, and the pressure cooker is only getting hotter. Consumers want a sustainable food supply, government regulations are constantly changing and many brands are producing product with ageing equipment and other older assets.
On top of everything, manufacturers must guarantee utmost quality to maintain consumer confidence and uphold brand integrity, all while making a healthy margin.
So how does the food and beverage industry juggle such a complicated and demanding ecosystem? The answer lies in data. The global nature of the food and beverage industry’s supply-chain and production process demands that organisations establish a single source of truth for the enterprise-wide production and process data.
As data permeates through every area of organisations and digital transformation moves from theory to reality, food and beverage companies must gain real-time operational insights to optimise processes, ensure quality and gain complete visibility from farm all the way to fork. Only then is it possible to monitor and understand performance on all points of the supply chain and maintain operational excellence.
The rest of this application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Article: Real-time data analytics powers food enterprise agility
- Article: The digital transformation that solidifies consistent quality and safety
- Article: Optimising food and beverage production processes with data
- Food for thought: You can’t manage what you can’t measure
- Article: Dairy warms to digital twins