Biochip array technology – an effective and reliable multi-analytical tool
In this whitepaper, discover how biochip array technology can provide a platform for the simultaneous determination of multiple drug residues from a single sample…
Multiplex screening of a broad range of drug residues from a single sample over a range of matrices with a single analytical platform.
Biochip Array Technology
Biochip Array Technology (BAT) provides a platform for the simultaneous determination of multiple drug residues from a single sample using miniaturized immunoassays with implications in the reduction of sample/reagent consumption and an increase in the output of test results.1,2
The biochip: the core of the technology
The core of the system is the biochip (9mm x 9mm) and represents the platform in which the capture molecules are immobilized and stabilised in pre-defined x,y coordinates defining arrays of discrete test regions (DTRs) on a pre-activated surface (Figure 1). Up to 25 tests can be carried out per biochip. The biochip is also the vessel where simultaneous chemiluminescent immunoreactions take place. The biochips are supplied in carriers containing 3 x 3 biochips, which is equivalent to nine reaction wells per carrier, where samples and reagents are added. A carrier handling tray is provided with the system, which allows the simultaneous handling of six carriers (54 biochips).
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Comprehensive Multi-Analytical Screening of Contaminants in Raw Cow Milk using the InfiniPlex for Milk Array
- India-based firm takes honey testing on the road
- New test gets South American honey producers buzzing
- Randox Food Diagnostics
- Simultaneous screening of over 100 compounds from a single milk sample through the use of InfiniPlex for Milk Array