Smart Notes: How can you optimise pH measurements for improved laboratory efficiency?
This Smart Note has been developed to provide a deeper understanding of pH measurement equipment, which in turn will assist with SOP development, staff training and ultimately improve the efficiency of laboratory operations.
Key recommendations for beverage quality control teams
The measurement of pH is often a critical quality parameter for a range of beverages, and most produced beverages will have a pH specification at every critical control point throughout their manufacture. However, pH electrochemistry is often poorly understood by Quality Control (QC) Managers and QC teams. This often leads to unnecessary inefficiencies caused by delays in obtaining readings, inaccurate measurements being recorded between different staff members and even the wrong process decisions being made.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Note: Small scale extrusion solution for meat analogues
- Whitepaper: An evaluation of meat analogue product characteristics – combining extrusion with electron microscopy and rheological measurements
- Webinar: Learn how to overcome titration challenges
- Smart Notes: Heratherm Refrigerated Incubators
- Application note: A protocol for the use of Nalgene Analytical Filter Funnels and Cellulose Nitrate Membranes in recovery of microorganisms during environmental and/or quality testing