Smart Notes: How can you optimise pH measurements for improved laboratory efficiency?
This Smart Note has been developed to provide a deeper understanding of pH measurement equipment, which in turn will assist with SOP development, staff training and ultimately improve the efficiency of laboratory operations.
Key recommendations for beverage quality control teams
The measurement of pH is often a critical quality parameter for a range of beverages, and most produced beverages will have a pH specification at every critical control point throughout their manufacture. However, pH electrochemistry is often poorly understood by Quality Control (QC) Managers and QC teams. This often leads to unnecessary inefficiencies caused by delays in obtaining readings, inaccurate measurements being recorded between different staff members and even the wrong process decisions being made.
Related content from this organisation
- Webinar: Extrusion of Plant-based Meat
- Application Note: Automated DNA Extraction for the Thermo Scientific NGS Food Authenticity Workflow
- Application Note: Analysis of underivatized amino acids in wines by solid phase extraction and HILIC-MS
- Application Note: Using Type 1 Water (18.2 MΩ-cm) for High Performance Liquid Chromatography in the Food and Beverage Industry
- Application Note: Small scale extrusion solution for meat analogues