Poster: Quantification of Glyphosate, Glufosinate, and AMPA in food
The poster describes a new innovative approach for the analysis of Glyphosate and Glufosinate which are phytosanitary products widely used as weed killers, especially in cereal and vegetable crops.
35,000 tons per year – this is the amount of pesticides applied in the European Community, and there are many different types to look for. Pesticides are a large variety of substances, with multiple residues belonging to multiple classes. This makes the analysis a challenging task. It may require either liquid chromatography or SFC tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS or SFC-MS/MS) or gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS). These triple quadrupole mass spectrometers are the most widely used in pesticide screening due to their fast acquisition speed in selected reaction monitoring (SRM) allowing the screening of hundreds of pesticides simultaneously in one run with high sensitivity, selectivity, and a wide linear range.
Related content from this organisation
- Application Note: Measuring flavonols in tea leaves
- Application Note: Quantitative analysis of catechins in tea leaves
- Application Note: Quantitative analysis of carotenoids in tea leaves
- High-speed analysis of bitter flavours in beer
- Application Note: Determination of lactose or fructose intolerance