Application note: Robust analysis of fatty acids in milk
Whether characterising edible oils or studying how foods affect health, assessing fatty acid composition is of global interest. Tremendous work is being conducted throughout the European Union to better understand the health implications of certain foods, and the analysis of fatty acids plays a central role in these efforts. European food scientists are working hard to harmonise methods and support regulations that will ensure the authenticity of edible oils and limit the consumption of industrial trans fatty acids (IFTAs), which have been linked to adverse health effects like heart disease .
Related content from this organisation
- Keep abreast of the latest food safety updates
- Food Safety In-Depth Focus – October 2020
- Application note: Robust analysis of fatty acids in milk
- Application note: Improve acrylamide analysis in food with a long-lasting LC column and a cost-effective internal standard
- Application note: Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids on Raptor ARC-18