Managing microbiological safety and quality of low moisture foods and ingredients
This webinar presents the audience with an overview of the microbiological challenges the Dairy and Chocolate industry face when manufacturing low moisture foods. The session focuses on dry infant formula, cocoa and chocolate with a focus on the benefits gained from:
- harmonized protocols for Salmonella spp., Cronobacter spp., and Staphylococcus aureus in powdered infant formula,
- testing sample pooling or increasing the test portion size.
Key learning points:
- An overview of regional and national regulations
- The benefits of having a harmonized workflow across multiple pathogens on a single platform
- An opportunity to ask our expert speakers questions and benefit from their knowledge and experience.
François Bourdichon, Food Safety Microbiologist, Food Safety, Microbiology and Hygiene
François holds a master’s degree of science, major general microbiology from Pasteur Institute, Paris. After 15 years working for major dairy (Nestlé, Danone, Savencia) and confectionary (Barry Callebaut) food business companies, he is principal food safety microbiologist within consulting company Food Safety, Microbiology and Hygiene. View LinkedIn Page
He chairs the ongoing ILSI Europe Expert Group on Processing Environment and Low Moisture Foods: “Environmental Monitoring in Dry production environments – Are we looking for the right thing(s) / microorganisms?“
François is member of the editorial board of New Food.