Hempco Superfoods launches Planet Hemp range
Posted: 13 May 2016 | | 1 comment
Hempco Canada Superfoods has launched a new range of hemp oil, seeds, superfoods, supergreens and snacks under its first consumer facing brand, PlanetHemp…
Hempco Canada Superfoods has launched a new range of hemp oil, seeds, superfoods, supergreens and snacks under its first consumer facing brand, Planet Hemp.
Hempco is a sector leader and key innovator facilitating Canada’s entire hemp seed trade. It has successfully launched a number of world first products including; hemp protein powder, filtered hemp seed oil, hemp Milk, hemp Ice Cream and hemp yoghurt. Hempco use a unique five stage clean-up process (vs two stage industry standard) to remove the majority of the seed shell or husk; this delivers a much better flavour profile for both the seed itself and all products manufactured from it.
The new range includes:
This unique event will help you address the impact on your business of the UK's exit from the EU, with presentations from Brexit thought-leaders, peer networking, debate and discussion.
- Hemp Protein Superfood. Planet Hemp’s Protein Superfood is boosted with alfafa and is available in three flavour varieties; Original, Maple Cinnamon, and Vanilla Chai
- Shelled Hemp Seed. This shelled hemp seed is certified organic and grown at a ‘state-of-the-art’ processing facility
- Hemp Oil. Planet Hemp’s Hemp Oil is cold pressed and filtered, ensuring no additives contaminate the product or goodness is depleted from the hemp seed itself
- Hemp Snacks. Planet Hemp’s Super Mini Bouchées are little snacks designed for healthy indulgence.
- Supergreens. Packed full of hemp, spirulina, barleygrass, wheatgrass, alfafa, chlorella, and cinnamon.
The Planet Hemp range is presented in clean and distinctive packaging, designed to reflect the natural, organic and environmentally-friendly values of the business and products. Hemp seed production is itself carbon-negative, as it absorbs more carbon from the atmosphere whilst growing than all of the equipment used to harvest, process and transport it.
Hemp is one of the best plant-based protein available, containing 37g of protein per 100g. Tony Reeves, Managing Director of HempCo Europe, commented on how this and hemp’s sustainability will appeal to consumers in the UK: “One of the goals of HempCo is to reduce the amount of animal products we consume as humans. 15% of all greenhouse gases are currently created by meat production – more than cars, trains, planes and ships combined. The public are increasingly in-tune with this message; the rise of flexitarians in the UK and the fact that 12% of the British population, the highest ever, follows a vegetarian or vegan diet is testament to this fact. It is with this in mind that we are so passionate about making environmentally-friendly hemp products available to UK consumers who are concerned with reducing their impact on the planet and the amount of meat they eat.”
You can visit HempCo at Natural & Organic Products Europe on booth: 4-107.