Nestlé USA issues voluntary recall over possible glass contamination
Posted: 14 March 2016 | | No comments yet
Nestlé USA has initiated a voluntary recall of approximately 3 million packages of its DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine, and Stouffer’s products due to the potential presence of glass pieces…
Nestlé USA has initiated a voluntary recall of approximately 3 million packages of its DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine, and Stouffer’s products due to the potential presence of glass pieces.
Nestlé USA are recalling these products because they may contain small pieces of glass that may cause injury. Although the company’s investigation is ongoing, Nestlé USA says it believes the source of the glass is spinach that was an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall. Nestlé USA is taking this action after several consumers reported that they had found small pieces of glass in some of these products. No injuries have been reported.
This voluntary recall covers only the following products and is limited to certain production codes:
App note: Detection of squalene and squalane origin with flash elemental analyser and delta V isotope ratio mass spectrometer
This application note assesses the chemical differences between squalane from shark liver oil and squalane from olive oil, and how the differences can detect origin and adulteration.
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
The voluntary recall is limited to certain production codes that can be found on the Nestlé USA website here: www.nestleusa.com/recall. No other production codes, sizes or varieties of DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine or Stouffer’s products are affected by this recall.