Multiresidue analysis of pesticides in avocado with Agilent Bond Elut EMR—Lipid by GC/MS/MS
This study demonstrates the application of this novel product for the analysis of 23 GC-amenable pesticides in avocado by GC/MS/MS.
Agilent Bond Elut Enhanced Matrix Removal—Lipid (EMR—Lipid) is the next generation of sample preparation products, and is used in convenient, dispersive solid phase extraction (dSPE) for highly selective matrix removal without impacting analyte recovery, especially for high-fat samples.
The procedure involves a QuEChERS AOAC extraction followed by EMR—Lipid dSPE and polish salts. EMR—Lipid provides far superior matrix removal by weight, GC/MS full scan, and matrix effect determination when compared to C18/PSA and zirconia-based sorbents. Furthermore, less matrix is introduced into the analytical flow path. The data also demonstrate dramatically improved reproducibility for the analytes over 100 injections relative to C18/PSA and especially zirconia, which experience significant response deviations.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Elemental profiling of Malbec Wines for geographical origin using an Agilent 4200 MP-AES
- Application note: Food authenticity testing with the Agilent 6546 LC/Q-TOF and MassHunter Classifier
- The safety and integrity of rice production
- Lipid and fatty acid analysis using state-of-the-art gas chromatography
- The murky world of herb and spice fraud