Technology brief: Highly sensitive analysis of polar pesticides in food matrices
In this whitepaper, Waters discuss how to develop a sensitive LC-MS/MS method for the robust analysis of highly polar pesticides in food commodities without the need of derivatization…
Glyphosate is a non-selective broad spectrum herbicide, which accounts for more than 60% of global herbicide sales. While discussions on the toxicological concerns of glyphosate and associated compounds continue, maximum residue limits (MRLs) are enforced globally, varying on commodity of interest. Due to certain physicochemical characteristics of glyphosate, its metabolites and similar compounds, generic “catch-all” multiresidue methods are not appropriate. Traditionally, derivatization has been utilized to allow for chromatographic retention on reverse phase columns. While good sensitivity and repeatability have been reported using this technique, there is an interest in direct analysis to avoid timely sample preparation and derivatization. Ion chromatography offers an option for the direct analysis of such polar compounds; however, specialized equipment and the use of non-MS compatible solvent additives can be required.
The rest of this technology brief is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Bringing reliable determination of polar pesticides in food to the routine lab
- 5 main areas which contribute to supplying food safety services to customers around the globe
- Featured Article: Contaminants
- Application Notes – December 2018
- Determination of 208 pesticide residues and their metabolites in foods using Oasis PRiME HLB and Xevo TQ-GC