Multiplex screening of a broad range of mycotoxins from a single sample of animal feed
Cover all your mycotoxin screening needs simultaneously using revolutionary Biochip Array Technology with the option to customise your test array – Multiplex screening of a broad range of mycotoxins from a single sample of animal feed with detection values complying with regulatory limits.
Mycotoxins are a group of naturally occurring toxins produced by certain fungi, commonly known as moulds, which are harmful to humans, domestic animals and livestock. Ochratoxin A for instance is a nephrotoxic and nephrocarcinogenic compound, zearalenone has an estrogeneous action and is significantly toxic to the reproductive system of animals. Some mycotoxins are also immunosuppressive, reducing resistance to infectious disease.
Mycotoxins are found in a wide range of foods and feeds, particularly in areas with climates of high temperature and humidity. Mycotoxins can enter the food or feed chain through contaminated crops, in particular cereals, but also nuts, beans, spices, dried fruit, oilseeds, coffee and cocoa, poultry meat and kidneys, pig kidneys and pork sausages. Contamination may also occur post-harvest during storage, transport, and processing stages of the food or feed supply chain.
Factors of both a scientific and socio-economic nature largely influence the establishment of mycotoxin limits and regulations, therefore various mycotoxin limits and regulations in feed have been set by multiple food agencies worldwide.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Comprehensive Multi-Analytical Screening of Contaminants in Raw Cow Milk using the InfiniPlex for Milk Array
- India-based firm takes honey testing on the road
- New test gets South American honey producers buzzing
- Randox Food Diagnostics
- Simultaneous screening of over 100 compounds from a single milk sample through the use of InfiniPlex for Milk Array