Antioxidants in honey and chocolate
In a world where ingredients must work hard to earn their place at the discerning consumer’s table, Francesc Ventura-Coll, Business Development and Engineer Manager at Mondelēz International, highlights why firm favourites such as honey and chocolate deserve to stay.
- Serra-Bonvehí J, Escolà-Jordà R. Nutrient composition and microbiological quality of honeybee-collected pollen in Spain. Agric. Food Chem. 1997, 45, 725-732.
- Serra-Bonvehí J, Gonell-Galindo J, Gomez-Pajuelo A. Estudio de la composición y características físico-químicas del polen de abejas. Alimentaria. 1986, 176 (octubre) 63-67.
- Serra-Bonvehí J, Soliva-Torrentó M, Centelles-Lorente E. Evaluation of polyphenolic and flavonoid compounds in honeybee-collected pollen produced in Spain. Agric. Food Chem. 2001, 49, 1848-1853.
- Nagai T, Inoue R, Suzuki N, Tanoue Y, Kai N, Nagashima T. Antihypertensive activities of enzymatic hydrolisates from honeybee-collected pollen of Cistus ladaniferus. Food Agric. Env. 2007, 5(3&4), 86-89.
- Yang K, Wu D, Ye X, Liu D, Chen J, Sun P. Characterization of chemical composition of bee pollen from China. Agric. Food Chem. 2013, 61, 708-718.
- Maekyung Media Group MBN TV programme (2017), produced by WildNet (Seoul, Korea). “Remove trash and inflammation of your body”. [MBN] 스마일 어게인.E06.161208.몸 속 쓰레기, 염증을 제거하라 “.720p
- Ventura-Coll F. Superfoods: big focus on honeybee pollen in Korea and Japan. American J. Biomedical Sci & Res. 2019, 4(4), 235-236.
- Nagai T, Inoue R, Suzuki N, Myoda T, Nagashima T. Antoxidative ability in a linoleic acid oxidation system and scavenging abilities against active oxygen species of enzymatic hydrolizates from pollen Cistus ladaniferus. Int. J. Mol. Med. 2005, 15, 259-263.
- Bankova V. Chemical diversity of propolis and the problem of standardization. Ethnopharmacol. 2005, 100 (1-2):114-7.
- Serra-Bonvehí J, Ventura-Coll F. Study on Propolis quality from China and Uruguay. Naturforsch. 2000, 55c, 778-784
- Kumazawa S, Serra-Bonvehí J, Torres C, Ahn M-R, Orantes-Bermejo FJ. Chemical and functional characterization of propolis collected from Eastern Andalusia (Southern Spain). Anal. 2013, 24(6), 608-615.
- Serra-Bonvehí J, Ventura-Coll F. Evaluation of bitterness and astringency of polyphenolic compounds in cocoa powder. Food Chem. 1997, 60, 365-370.
- Arts M, Haenen G, Voss HP, Bast A. Antioxidant capacity of reaction products limits the applicability of the Trolox Equivalent Antioxidant Capacity (TEAC) assay. Food Chem Toxicology 2004, 42(1), 45-9.
- Ghedolf N, Engeseth NJ. Antioxidant capacity of honeys from various floral sources based on the determination of oxygen radical absorbance capacity and inhibition of in vitro lipoprotein oxidation in human serum samples. Agric. Food Chem, 2002, 50, 3050-3055.
- Vertuani S, Scalambra E, Vitorio T, Bino A, Malisardi G, Baldisserotto A, Manfredini S. Evaluation of antiradical activity of different cocoa and chocolate products: relation with lipid and protein composition. Medical Food 2014, 17(4), 512-516.
- Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on nutrition and health claims made on foods.
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 432/2012 of 26 May 2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children´s development and health.
- Serra-Bonvehí J, Ventura-Coll F, Orantes-Bermejo JF. Characterization of avocado honey (Persea americana) produced in Southern Spain. Food Chem, 2019, 287C, 214-221
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 851/2013 of 3 September 2013 authorizing certain health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children´s development and health and amending Regulation (EU) No 432/2012. Official Journal of the European Union L 235/3.