Whitepaper: It’s time to end food waste
The amount of food we waste every year equals to 9 billion fish, 1 trillion bags of potatoes, 75 million cows, 574 billion eggs, 763 billion boxes of pasta, 3.7 trillion apples and enough olive oil to fill 11,000 Olympic size pools.
The world needs to produce in the next 40 years the equivalent of all of the food produced in the last 10,000 years.”
Agriculture is the world’s most globalized industry. A large share of food travels thousands of kilometres, is handled by hand, by complex
machinery, treated with extreme care, packed, cleaned, shipped, displayed – and then? And then about 30% of this extremely complex product gets thrown away.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- TOMRA Food introduces new sorting machine for potatoes
- Article: How optical sorting can maximize protein content and increase the value of your meat and bone meal
- News: TOMRA launches customer service center in Bengaluru, India
- NEWS: Success Story – Koushuiwa, China
- Whitepaper: It’s time to end food waste