Hormel Foods releases 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report
Posted: 4 June 2015 | | No comments yet
Hormel Foods has announced it surpassed its goal to reduce solid waste 10% by 2020 six years early and releases its 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report…
Hormel Foods, a multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer-branded food and meat products, has announced it surpassed its goal to reduce solid waste 10% by 2020 six years early, with the release of its 2014 Hormel Foods Corporate Responsibility Report.
- Surpassing the solid waste goal by 20% (originally set to reduce solid waste to landfills by 3,500 tons by 2020).
- Implementing projects that have documented significant resource savings:
- Reduced more than 2,500 metric tons of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from domestic manufacturing operations
- Reduced energy use by 17,400 MMBtu
- Reduced water use by 0.082 billion gallons
- Reduced product packaging by 8.27 million pounds
- Donating 2.5 million cans of SPAMMY® shelf-stable poultry product to help malnourished children in Guatemala, and $6.8 million in hunger donations, including products donated to food banks and disaster relief.
Hormel Foods donated more than $9.1m in cash and goods in 2014 to address hunger
“Our achievements in 2014 illustrate the dedication we have to being a responsible food manufacturer,” said Jeffrey M. Ettinger, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer of Hormel Foods. “Achieving our solid waste goal six years earlier than expected shows how committed our people are to not only reaching, but exceeding our sustainability goals. Additionally, we understand the positive impact we have on our communities and are pleased that we were able to donate more than $9.1 million in cash and products to help address hunger. Our journey to sustainability is never ending and we will continue to operate responsibly. It’s ‘Our Way’ of doing business.”
The report is available online at www.hormelfoods.com/csr and includes information related to the company’s sustainability performance in 2014.