FoodTech ’14 – the gateway to the European market
Posted: 27 August 2014 | MCH Messecenter Herning | No comments yet
FoodTech ’14 will take place between 28-30 October in MCH, Herning, Denmark and is Northern Europe’s biggest trade fair for food production technology…
FoodTech ’14 will take place between 28-30 October in MCH, Herning, Denmark and is Northern Europe’s biggest trade fair for food production technology. After several hard years in the wake of the international financial crisis, the fair is now back at full strength and optimism is very high.
More than 275 exhibitors are expected to be on site when the fair opens and visitors can expect lots of exciting novelties, new knowledge and experiences.
The Silicon Valley of processing technology
Food technology is one of Denmark’s greatest strengths. Denmark is situated in one of the world’s three biggest concentrations of technology for the food industry. 80% of production is exported. Many Danish companies are leaders on the world market and many of these are exhibiting at FoodTech.
Hygienic design – a specialist Danish skill – is important for food product-safety and minimises the risk of having to withdraw products. This is also important because food production companies use 10-15% of the working day on cleaning. This time is not used for production. Denmark has special skills in hygienic design and has just opened a test centre for hygienic design at Denmark’s Technical University, one of only a few test centres in Europe that are certified under EHEDG norms.
In addition, Denmark provides an outstanding research environment, and cooperation between researchers, educational institutions and the food processing industry is being intensified. Because of this, machines and equipment are often developed in-house, and this happens with a major focus on reducing the use of energy and resources.
For this reason, FoodTech ’14 will have 3 central themes:
- Food product safety
- Cooperation between the processing industry and research
- More with less = increased production with fewer resources
Lots of exciting activities
FoodTech ’14 is a little anniversary because it’s the 10th in a row. This time the fair will offer more events than ever. This will increase the benefit that visitors get from their visit to the fair.
- The world’s biggest dairy exhibition for judged products – now including over 1,700 products from 18 countries
- The international conference ”Multi Business Model and technology Innovation in the Food Tech Industry” with keynote speakers from Stanford University, Unilever, University of Sheffield, Frauenhofer Institute, Wiesbaden Business School and the University of Aarhus
- A demonstration of filling/packaging lines
- Prize presentations, including the FoodTech Award
- A 3-day student challenge with cases from Arla Foods, Dupont, Barry Callebaut and Marel. Main sponsor: Damstahl, Denmark’s leading supplier of stainless steel.
FoodTech ’14 will take place between 28-30 October. The fair fills 6 halls with a total of 36,000 m². Last year the fair was visited by 9,500 professionals.