Application note: Automating matrix matched pesticide standard generation
Automated preparation of matrix matched pesticide calibration standards in QuEChERS food extracts combined with filtration and LC/MS analysis.
Preparation of calibration standards and QC samples is part of the daily activities of laboratories that analyse food samples for contaminants. In this work, matrix matched calibration standards were prepared automatically by a robotic autosampler commonly used for sample introduction in GC/MS or LC/MS. The resulting precision and accuracy data from calibration curves and QC sample analysis in example food commodities are provided. Accuracy and precision for QC samples were found to be: 97.4 % and 4.25 % (Apples), 100 % and 8.4 % (Pears), 97.7 % and 3.96 % (Sweet Potatoes), 95.7 % and 3.59 % (Green Beans), 98.2 % and 2.79 % (Carrots), (96.8 % and 3.34 % (Beef) and 97.6 % and 4.31 % (Turkey). Data is provided showing the use of an automated filtration option that enables completely automated preparation of QuEChERS derived food extracts with subsequent analysis by LC/MS/MS.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Automating matrix matched pesticide standard generation
- Application note: POPs in supplements by SBSE-Isotope Dilution-GC-MS/MS
- Application note: Key bourbon odorants found by Aroma Dilution Analysis
- Application Note: Residual Solvent in hemp oil by Full Evaporation (FET)-HS-GC/MS
- Application note: Pesticides in hemp oil: Extraction, clean-up and GC/MS