Application Note: Residual Solvent in hemp oil by Full Evaporation (FET)-HS-GC/MS
Fully automated quantitative determination of residual solvents in hemp oil performed by full evaporation headspace GC/MS without sample preparation.
This study describes the use of the GERSTEL MPS robotic for full evaporation headspace GC/MS used for quantitative determination of residual solvents in hemp oil. This analysis technique may be applied to cannabinoid containing products for evaluation of consumer safety, as many of these residual solvents and their corresponding by-products are potentially toxic. The automation provided by the GERSTEL Maestro software enables this headspace technique to be fast, simple and accurate. This use of the MSD in single ion monitoring (SIM) mode enables quantification of residual solvent analytes at very low levels.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Key bourbon odorants found by Aroma Dilution Analysis
- Application Note: Residual Solvent in hemp oil by Full Evaporation (FET)-HS-GC/MS
- Application note: Pesticides in hemp oil: Extraction, clean-up and GC/MS
- Application note: Mycotoxins – Fully automated Edible Oil analysis
- Beverages In-Depth Focus – October 2019