Application note: Pesticides in hemp oil: Extraction, clean-up and GC/MS
Automated QuEChERS clean-up of hemp oil extracts followed by liquid introduction and PTV-GC/MS determination of pesticides leads to extremely low LOQs
Hemp oil is increasingly used as food ingredient and may contain residues of pesticides, fungicides and growth enhancing reagents. There is a need for highly sensitive and selective analytical methodology to determine the amount of residues present in hemp oil products.
This study describes the use of the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS) robotic version for extraction, QuEChERS clean-up, and determination of pesticide residues in the hemp oil extracts by direct liquid injection gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS). The overall analysis method is sensitive, accurate and precise and allows the quantitation of pesticides at low concentration levels.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: POPs in supplements by SBSE-Isotope Dilution-GC-MS/MS
- Application note: Key bourbon odorants found by Aroma Dilution Analysis
- Application Note: Residual Solvent in hemp oil by Full Evaporation (FET)-HS-GC/MS
- Application note: Pesticides in hemp oil: Extraction, clean-up and GC/MS
- Application note: Mycotoxins – Fully automated Edible Oil analysis