Application note: Pesticides in hemp oil: Extraction, clean-up and GC/MS
Automated QuEChERS clean-up of hemp oil extracts followed by liquid introduction and PTV-GC/MS determination of pesticides leads to extremely low LOQs
Hemp oil is increasingly used as food ingredient and may contain residues of pesticides, fungicides and growth enhancing reagents. There is a need for highly sensitive and selective analytical methodology to determine the amount of residues present in hemp oil products.
This study describes the use of the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS) robotic version for extraction, QuEChERS clean-up, and determination of pesticide residues in the hemp oil extracts by direct liquid injection gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS). The overall analysis method is sensitive, accurate and precise and allows the quantitation of pesticides at low concentration levels.
Related content from this organisation
- Brewing & Beverages In-Depth Focus – October 2020
- Application note: In-time derivatization-GC/MS of Sugars, Amino acids and Organic Acids
- Application note: Automating matrix matched pesticide standard generation
- Application note: POPs in supplements by SBSE-Isotope Dilution-GC-MS/MS
- Application note: Key bourbon odorants found by Aroma Dilution Analysis