Omics in the rapidly developing field of alternative proteins: innovation and safety
12 June 2023
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Join this webinar to hear from Dr Lin Qingsong, Principle Research Fellow, Director, Protein and Proteomics Centre, National University of Singapore and be informed about up-to-date risk assessment considerations of alternative proteins,
About this webinar
Alternative proteins are gaining momentum as a viable and sustainable option to traditional animal-based proteins. In this webinar, we will focus on the applications and potential of omics in key research areas, which drive innovation and food safety in alternative proteins.
- Be informed about up-to-date risk assessment considerations of alternative proteins
- Understand how multi-omics can study novel foods (alternative proteins)
- Understand how omics output can help in improving and creating new food safety guidelines to ensure safe alternative proteins for consumers.
- Protein extraction and proteomics digestion considerations for alternative protein samples
- Data processing and databases for discovery proteomics in novel foods.
Dr Lin Qingsong, Principal Research Fellow (Research Associate Professor), Director, Protein and Proteomics Centre
2002 PhD University of Toronto, Canada (major in Clinical Biochemistry)
1994 MSc Xiamen University, China (major in Enzymology)
1991 BSC Xiamen University, China (major in Biochemistry)
Proteomics and mass spectrometry, Cancer biomarker discovery and cancer biology, Chemical proteomics and drug target identification, Mechanisms of water desalination in mangrove plants and euryhaline fish, Aquaporin biomimetic membrane for water desalination and reuse.