Whitepaper: Understanding ambient yoghurt – challenges and opportunities
Tetra Pak Processing white paper discussing the challenges, best-practice solutions and opportunities around ambient yoghurt processing.
Ambient yoghurt is a type of yoghurt that has boomed in popularity in recent years. These yoghurts do not need to be chilled, and are either eaten with a spoon (often with added fruit), or else drunk directly from the package. This convenience has made it an extremely successful product, and a growth item in many markets.
Since ambient yoghurt requires additional heat treatment and stabilizers to ensure a product that is stable over time at room temperature, this places great demands on proper dosing, mixing and heat treatment.
In this booklet, we lay out some of these challenges in more detail, offering advice and technical guidance reflecting best practices in the dairy industry.
Related content from this organisation
- Ingredients – In-Depth Focus – December 2019
- Whitepaper: Powder dissolution through new eyes
- Whitepaper: Dual approach creates new understanding of spray-drying processes
- Whitepaper: Better understanding of drying kinetics moves modelling of spray drying processes forward
- Whitepaper: Cleaning parameter changes increase uptime in UHT plants