Redefining JNSD line design for 67% energy cost savings
The JNSD portion of the beverage industry is stable and conservative in many ways, with industrial practices built up over decades to ensure product safety and efficient production processes. So it isn’t often that something new comes along to shake things up.
As so much of JNSD builds upon the quality of water blended in these beverages, we at Tetra Pak examined and explored how we could reconfigure the processing of ingredients while maintaining product safety and shelf-life – and achieve much lower processing costs as a result.
We did this by combining existing technologies – filtration and UV treatment – which can be used to purify water before it is blended with the other beverage ingredients.
Our experimentation and innovative equipment and processing parameters yielded extremely satisfying results.
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Better understanding of drying kinetics moves modelling of spray drying processes forward
- Whitepaper: Cleaning parameter changes increase uptime in UHT plants
- Whitepaper: Vitamin C retention in orange juice production
- Whitepaper: Understanding ambient yoghurt – challenges and opportunities
- Whitepaper: The RNGS stability test