Triggered MRM LC/MS/MS Method Development — Practical Considerations for MRM Optimization using Agilent MassHunter Optimizer Software
This technical overview provides practical considerations for routine optimization of compounds using MassHunter Optimizer, drawing from our experience of developing a large pesticide multiresidue tMRM LC/MS/MS method.
Optimization of multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) conditions is an essential part of any liquid chromatographic-tandem mass spectrometric (LC/MS/MS) method development.
A typical MRM or dynamic MRM (dMRM) method employs two MS/MS transitions per analyte: one for quantification, and the second one as a qualifier for identification purposes. In a triggered MRM (tMRM) method using Agilent 6400 Series triple quadrupole LC/MS systems, up to 10 MS/MS transitions can be acquired for each analyte, and combined into a product ion spectrum (at optimum collision energies for each product ion), which is used for library matching, and provides increased identification confidence. Using the tMRM function, some of the transitions (primary transitions) are acquired during the entire analyte acquisition window. The acquisition of the additional transitions is triggered (and performed for a defined number of scans) when one of the primary transitions exceeds the set abundance threshold.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Clearing the murky waters of rice fraud
- CBD, Cannabis & Hemp Supplement – October 2020
- On-Demand Webinar: A Tasty Pairing: Keeping meat products safe with the 6470B LC/TQ and the Comprehensive Veterinary Drug Workflow solution
- On-Demand Webinar: Common Pitfalls in Cannabis Lab Testing – What You Should Know and How To Avoid Them
- Tarun Anumol