Improved LC/MS/MS Pesticide Multiresidue Analysis Using Triggered MRM and Online Dilution
This application note describes the development and validation of a large pesticide multiresidue LC/MS/MS method using Agilent 1290 Infinity II LC systems coupled to Agilent 6490 triple quadrupole LC/MS instruments.
The method enables the analysis of about 450 globally important pesticides in a short analysis time (analyte elution in less than 10 minutes). The MS/MS acquisition method uses triggered multiple reaction monitoring (tMRM), which provides increased confidence in analyte identification through triggered acquisition of additional MRMs when one of the primary MRMs exceeds a set abundance threshold. The mobile phase gradient was optimized to spread the analytes evenly throughout the elution window, with special attention paid to the separation of critical pairs. The LC system uses an online dilution setup, ensuring excellent peak shapes of early eluting (more polar) analytes. As a result, acetonitrile extracts (prepared using a QuEChERS-based extraction) are injected directly without a need for dilution with an aqueous buffer/solution prior to the injection. The method was validated in three different routine laboratories in multiple food commodity types/matrices, with 0.01 mg/kg method validated limit of quantitation (LOQ) achieved for the majority analyte-matrix combinations.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Food Integrity Supplement – April 2021
- Clearing the murky waters of rice fraud
- CBD, Cannabis & Hemp Supplement – October 2020
- On-Demand Webinar: A Tasty Pairing: Keeping meat products safe with the 6470B LC/TQ and the Comprehensive Veterinary Drug Workflow solution
- On-Demand Webinar: Common Pitfalls in Cannabis Lab Testing – What You Should Know and How To Avoid Them