Tel: +49 7851 899 330
SteriBeam Systems for Fast Non-Invasive Sterilization with Intense Pulsed Light UV or Pulsed Electrical Fields
SteriBeam provides advanced pulsed light (UV), continuous UVC light and pulsed electrical field (PEF) systems for non-invasive price-competitive sterilization or sanitation both for production and R&D, offers its customization, e.g. for cups, jars, lids, small or large packaging, some food stuffs before or after packaging in UV transparent foils. Our PEF systems are for sanitation of liquid foods and for non-invasive PEF assisted extraction of juices and colors from vegetative cells.
Advantages of SteriBeam sanitation and sterilization systems:
- In-line sanitation up to 4 logs (99,99%) reduction of common spores and 6 logs reduction of common bacteria in 1sec to a few seconds with UV-C lamps,
- In-line sterilization up to 6 logs (99,9999%) reduction of all micro-organisms, also UV resistant, in a few seconds per a pack by Pulsed Light UV Tunnels or R&D systems,
- Our pulsed UV light lamps emit between 15% and 35% of a broad UVC light, the highest in the industry, and is responsible for cost-effective deactivation of micro-organisms
- Keeps nutrient properties of some treated foods staffs,
- Keeps packaging undamaged,
- Competitive overall and electrical costs per sterilized item,
- Safe, does not generate harmful by-products , neither Ozone or Mercury vapors, no EMC disturbance,
- Does not require labeling since it is not radiation, neither heat or chemical treatment,
- Both types of these technologies are quite known and are recommended by FDA,
- Full range of customized production UV or PEF tunnels and R&D systems, semi- and fully automated.
- As “sterile gates” between two clean production rooms of different classification (e.g. between A and B);
- PEF assisted extraction of juices or natural colors from vegetative cells by that increasing the yield a few times as much plus keeping all original properties in place.
Important Note: any claim of pulsed light ability to sterilize has to supported with the presenting the UVC part (220-280 nm) in the Pulsed Light.
Otherwise unaware customers falsely believe that”any sun like spectrum of a flash lamp” can sterilize, which is wrong: since 2001 it was proven that ONLY the UVC component in Pulsed Light is responsible for almost 95% deactivation of micro-organisms: http://www.steribeam.com/info/AW-UVcongr2001.pdf
When this UVC part is below 10-12%, or even only 3-5% in Pulsed Light systems, then it is far less costly to sanitize with continuous UVC amalgam lamps, which are safe juts as flash lamps are: http://www.foodprocessing-technology.com/downloads/whitepapers/sterilisation/ SteriBeam can help to find this UVC component for other systems, if it is not listed, using correlations between pulse duration and energy plus lamp geometry.
SteriBeam offers customized UV Tunnels to sanitize or sterilize:
- external and internal surfaces of packaging, cups and lids,
- products which requires the full (360°) illumination,
- products which require 6 logs sterilization including UV-resistant spores and fungi,
- product flow of up to 36,0000/hr (10/sec, depending on size and log requirements),
- some open foods and foods packaged in UV transparent packaging (e.g. Topas foils),
Bench-top Pulsed Light UV systems
Our bench-top R&D systems have been successfully used World-wide due its broad parameters, lab conveniences, competitive pricing including customization to research goals. Advantages are following:
- Product exposure from 180° to 360°,
- Pulse energies: selectable from 100J to 1000J,
- UVC fluxes to the product - up to 2 J/cm²/pulse,
- UVC power during pulse of up to x10´s kw/cm²,
- Pulse Repetition rates for fully automatic: 1Hz-5Hz,
- Changeable reflectors 3 sizes, adjustable sample shelves,
- IR and visible light Filters,
- Sensors to record UV and current pulses with PC scope.
Pilot bench-top PEF sanitation and juice extraction systems have:
- Pulsed shape: square pulse with timed durations 2µsec – 50µsec, 5% flat, fronts < 1µs, tails <10µs,
- Pulse polarity: positive or optional bi-polar square pulsing,
- Pulse energies to set: 5J- 50J,
- Pulse Repetition rates: 1Hz-100Hz,
- Maximum power output: up to 3 kw,
- Pulse bursts: 1-1000 pulses / exposure, or timed continuous pulsing,
- Processing chamber for liquids and a chamber for solid or shred products.
- Versatile fully automated and low budget semi-automatic with the same pulse parameters,
UV systems for shred or powdered food products
Are also available for UV disinfection or for a controllable UV photo-synthesis of nutrients. It works by circulating shred or powdered products around a UV lamp or in a flow-through production type system of a proprietary design, up to 1000 kg/h.